Frequently asked questions
1. What type of insurance is included in the offered rental price?
A Full Insurance Package is included in our rates: Third Party Insurance, Collision Damage Waiver, Full Damage Waiver, Personal Accident Cover and Theft Protection Cover.
2. I have prepaid my reservation. Do I still need to hold a credit or debit card for the delivery?
No. We do not need a deposit or your credit card number and we will not withhold money from your card for the duration of the rental.
3. Can I return the car with less fuel than when I received it?
It is possible. However, please keep in mind that there is an additional refueling cost of 20 € in addition to the fuel final cost, as this employs someone to do it outside of regular tasks.
4. Is there a kilometer limit?
With Cretecars the kilometers are free.
5. How we will meet you?
If you arrive by plane, our employees will wait for you at the exit of the arrival hall, holding a sign with our logo and your name on.
In case you arrive by boat in Heraklion Port, our representative will meet you in front of the Passenger Terminal, with a sign with your name as well as our company’s logo.
Please note that we keep track of all changes that might occur in flight or boat arrivals, and we will be waiting to deliver you the car, even if your flight’s/boat’s arrival is delayed, with additional charge of 25 euro if you arrive 23.00 to 07.00.
If you would like to pick up your car at your Hotel, we will meet you at the Lobby / Reception Area of your Hotel.
In case you have any trouble meeting with our staff, just call ✆ +30 6973002182 .
6. Are there any extra charges ?
- We deliver and collect vehicles anywhere in Crete, including Airports, Ports and Hotels.
Please note that delivery and/or collection in some areas have an additional fee:
Heraklion-Chania / Heraklion-Sitia 25 euro
Chania- Ierapetra/Sitia-Rethymnon 40 euro
Chania- Sitia 60 euro
- For after hour delivery (23:00 - 7:00) the extra cost is 25 euro
- Additional insurance for damages at the tires, the wheels or the undercarriage is 5 euro per day
- Full to empty fuel tank depends on the car
- Key loss depends on the car
7. What is not included in the offered rental price?
If you want to insure the tires and the undercarrige it will cost 5 euro extra per day.
If you lose the key you have to pay extra, the price depends on the price of the key.
8. Can I cancel my reservation without penalty?
You can cancel your reservation with no penalty. We would appreciate if you could inform us at least 48 hour before your reservation.
9. Your rates include taxes?
All the rates include all taxes and 24% VAT.
10. Do I have an option to add some extra equipment to my reservation?
We offer a variety of extra services, from GPS, babyseats, booster seats and additional driver. All extra charges are calculated automatically and added to your amount.
11. What documents should I have with me upon arrival/rental?
Each driver must hold a valid driving license for cars which was issued at least one and a half year before the first day of the rental period, and he or she must be at least 21 years of age.
Driver must have a valid Greek, European (for E.U. countries) or International (for countries that don't belong to E.U.)driving license.
Your Passport or ID Card and your confirmation form are also necessary.